Friday, September 14, 2007

Phoenix Observation # 1: It's Hot.

Let me get the obvious observation out of the way: The heat in Phoenix is friggin' ridiculous! Let me suggest some fun things you can do in the heat:

1. Have a credit card melt sitting in the cupholder of the car.

2. Burn yourself touching the damn metal piece of the seat belt.

3. Realize you are sweating once you step indoors, because the heat was evaporating all your sweat outdoors.

4. See someone's second degree burns from leaning on something black that had been sitting in the sun.

I've managed to avoid serious sunburn so far, using a combination of sunscreen and staying the fuck inside. It'll happen eventually, I'm sure, but I plan on putting that off as long as possible.

Something good about the weather here is waking up in the morning. I roll out of bed, look out the windows, and I already know what I'm going to see. It's sunny and hot; palm trees and cacti are all around. I'm sure that'll get monotonous after a while, like rain in the Northwest, but for the moment it feels like vacation every day.

I can live with that.

1 comment:

Jo said...

From what I hear (from people who lived in Tucson) the heat itself is not as bad as the lack of moisture... since like you said you can't even tell how hot you are until you realize you're not sweating. Good luck!