Friday, July 18, 2008

For the curious...

In an effort to boost the content of my blog, I offer you my thoughts:

- I'm going to take a stab at this, and guess that this is not going to result in achieving real, useful fusion that will ensure the energy needs of the future. If anything it's safe to assume that anything that is possible in a Keeanu Reeves movie is IMPOSSIBLE in real life. The Matrix will never happen, time travel will never happen and I'm pretty sure a bus will never wheelie an overpass.

- "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." I just can't believe this is true. It's like Karl Rove dared him to say it, and he waited until the very last minute of the meeting, slipped it in and went home snickering... "C'mon man, I said it, you owe me 20 bucks!" Other highlights of King Bush's last trip to the G8 include: Greeting every world leader with "Yo!" and showing off his Italian language skills to president Silvio Berlusconi (Amigo! Amigo!).

- Speaking of our fearless leader... Remember the hullabaloo that was raised over Obama's willingness to negotiate with Iran? Looks like the administration has decided to quit pouting like a 5-year old and step to the table for some talks. The preconditions look... weak. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

- This week's Economist has an interesting look into the future of the Mediterranean economy, specifically how the European Union should take advantage of the growth happening there right now. That seems fine with me, but I think they should keep their hands off the Baltic region for the moment. I've got a trip planned there for next summer, and I don't want them to mess it up. EU membership already ruined Prague for me... 10 cent beers, my ass!

1 comment:

Agent Awesome said...

Hey bud, I didn't realize you were posting again. I look forward to more norf-posts...

Neil