Thursday, July 3, 2008

Phew!

Movin', wife's birthdayin', brother-in-law entertainin', doin' my part to get New Orleans hooked up with some reliable levees... It's been a busy past couple months for me.

I did go to the Sasquatch festival in May, which was awesome. Highlights include: Tegan & Sara, Okkervil River & the Presidents of the United States of America (still rocking). A good time was had by all!

I also saw the Grand Canyon for the first time since I was 9. I was much more impressed by it this time.

As I mentioned in the first bit, the wifey and I did just complete a move. We have left the confines of our cozy luxury apartment by the Biltmore for an older house in a "historic" (the term is relative here) neighborhood, closer to central Phoenix. It is my anticipation that the light rail will bring more businesses and fun to this area, but we'll have to wait and see...

Randomly, I've been tossing a few thoughts around in my head, which I would like to share with you:

- Discovering new podcasts is awesome... Especially when said podcasts are not "current events" oriented and therefore the archives are not outdated. I listened to 7 episodes of Radiolab in a row yesterday while chugging away at my desk.

- What the hell Africa? How could so many countries sit around and do nothing while Mugabe so brazenly steals yet another election in Zimbabwe. Of course, we didn't do anything either...

- I'm looking forward to my 5-day long weekend. The wifey and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary this weekend, with a trip to Santa Fe, NM. Finally, a chance to relax and enjoy eachother for days on end... 'bout time!

No comments: