Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Phoenix Observation # 3: Don't Drink the Water

Seriously, don't drink the stuff. It tastes like shit.

Phoenix likes to move water around by canal, instead of pipes, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I'm gonna guess it has to do with continually recycling what little water there is here as well. Either way, in the end it comes out my tap tasting like poo.

When I wash my dishes in the sink or dishwasher, they get a nasty white film on them, like even the rinse water is dirty. Glasses need to be polished before serving something in them, lest I be considered low class.

I'm anti bottled water, because it's a huge waste. Just as Robert Redford, or the Governator. Most people here have some sort of filter built on to their pipes to deal with the mess. I live in an apartment at the moment though, so I don't plan to mess with the pipes. For now the Brita pitcher will have to do. Don't try the filter that fits on the tap too, 'cuz the water comes out wayyy to slow for anyone to tolerate.

Just steer clear of the tap water. It tastes like chode and comes out warm no matter what temperature you have it set at.

No comments: