Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm going to Sundance!

Well, not really. That's a bit of a stretch. I'm going snowboarding in Utah the same weekend as the Sundance Film Festival. As I mentioned in my last post, this weekend is my birthday weekend, so ostensibly that is the occasion for the trip. The whole Sundance thing is a bonus.

We're staying quite a bit outside of the SLC/Ogden/Park City area, so I doubt we'll be experiencing the true excitement of the festival. Nevertheless, I'd like to check it out, if only briefly. Since there is only really one participating theater (albeit, a very cool one) nearby, in Ogden, our film selection is limited. One possibility is this little gem, directed by Tom Hanks and starring his son, Colin, and John Malkovich. Could be worth seeing.

Since this is the "premiere" of the movie, we might even run into some celebs, right? Meeting Tom Hanks would be pretty cool, especially if he's got any good secrets to tell me. Maybe if I bring my oversized piano along, we could roll it out and do a duet!

Either way, if I don't run into any celebs at the movie, I suppose if I got booze-up enough and went off on a tirade about "One more year of Bush!", I'd say there's a good chance Sean Penn will show up to add his own incoherent rant.

Yeah, that would be sweet.

No comments: