Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Okay, okay, I know you are all worried.

Yes, I did run the half marathon, and yes, I did finish it. Despite the burning sun and bouts of stomach sickness, I avoided quitting and achieved the halfway respectable time of 2:16:29, which works out to be about a 10.5 minute mile. I was aiming for 10, but I'll take what I can get.

Kochanie pulled it off in 2:42. While that may not be as fast as my time, I think she deserves more credit than I do. She ran for almost 30 min. longer than I did, and ended up with three blisters on her right foot, each approximately the size of a small dog.

Props also to Leah, not only for being the only out-of-town friend to NOT bitch out, but also for breaking the 2 hour barrier. She barely looked winded when I met her at the finish line.

Once the race was finished, beer, chips and hot tubbing provided much needed relief. All three agreed that a good time was had by all, and getting together for some healthy fun can be just about as exciting as the unhealthy fun. Plans are already forming for the next event.

Anyone up for a trip to Nashville?

No comments: