Friday, January 11, 2008

Just don't tell me to "break a leg"...


Well, it's finally here: The weekend of the half marathon. Unfortunately, most of my friends have tried to sobotage the fun of the weekend by bitching out at the very last moment, but I won't let that be a setback. It's not my fault they are teh ghey.

Training for this run has been pretty rigorous when we stuck to it, but lackluster at times as well (ahem, honeymoon). I think we are ready, though. After running almost 10 miles last weekend, I don't see why I couldn't push it another 3 miles or so. God, "another 3 miles or so", that still blows my mind. When my wife and I first started running three months ago, we were heavily winded after a 1.5 mile run. The whole effort seemed hopeless then.

I'm proud of what we have accomplished, but of course I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so I'll leave it at that. Sunday morning will be the moment of truth. If things go well, maybe Nashville is next... I'd like to get me some nice participation medals.

On another note: The new Norfbysw flickr pro account is here. Kochanie uploaded a approximately one metric shit ton of photos last week, so go and enjoy.

More posts are forthcoming as well. This has been taking up a lot of my time recently.

2 comments:

ike said...

Jeez. At least I had the common decency to bitch out at the beginning. Get these guys' autographs for me.

Jo said...

so how did it go?